International Symposium on Clusters And Nanomaterials
Richmond, Virginia, USA
October 26-29, 2015
Dear Members of the Organizing Committee,
I want to bring you up to date with the progress we have made for the 2015 Richmond Symposium on Clusters and Nanomaterials (http://www.iscan.vcu.edu).
· With recommendation from many of you and the members of the international advisory board as well as from our own research, we have been able to put together an outstanding list of invited speakers. Attached is a list of confirmed speakers.
· We have applied to DOE, NSF, and Dominion Foundation for funding. I just heard that DOE will provide partial funding ($20,000) for this conference. Virginia Commonwealth University has pledged ($50,000) in support of this conference. If you have any suggestions, particularly industry, where we can seek funds, please let me know.
· The symposium is endorsed by the American Physical Society, American Chemical Society, Materials research Society, American Vacuum Society, and SPIE.
· We have selected SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics, to publish the Proceedings. This will have several advantages: (i) The Proceedings will be in the SPIE Digital Library and available to researchers worldwide; (ii) All major indexes (Web of Science Conference Proceedings Citation Index-Science, Scopus, EI Compendex) and search engines (Google Scholar, DeepDyve, Google, Bing, etc.) cover the SPIE Proceedings; (iii) Papers have no length limit and may provide a full record of the ISCAN presentation; (iv) Authors may submit modified papers to SPIE journals or to other journals. The details of the paper submission process will be posted soon on the symposium website.
I hope you are planning to attend the symposium. Here are some action items:
· The registration page is now open (http://www.iscan.vcu.edu/registration.html). Please register as soon as possible. Your registration fee is covered by us.
· Please book your hotel. We have very limited number of rooms at the symposium rate that are available at the Jefferson hotel and Linden Row Inn (http://www.iscan.vcu.edu/accommodation.html). It is a busy time of the year in Richmond and we urge you to book your room as soon as possible.
· We will have limited funds to cover the registration fees of graduate students on a first-come first-serve basis. Please encourage your students to submit abstracts as soon as possible (http://www.iscan.vcu.edu/abstracts.html). The abstract submission deadline is July 31, 2015.