NanoDays at UVA
Saturday, March 18, 2017
Nanodays is an annual event is held in conjunction with UVa's Engineering Open House. This family-friendly, fun and free event will be at Wilsdorf Hall on Whitehead Road opposite the football stadium. All ages can enjoy hands-on nano, giant nanotubes, lab tours, nano games, design competition and the popular Oobleck pit!
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm in Wilsdorf Hall room 109a --- Join in on ongoing, informal conversations with faculty, students, and staff about the Engineering Science Major & the Materials Science Program
- 10:00 am - 2:00 pm in Wilsdorf Hall --- Guided Lab Tours from the Wilsdorf Cafe: see real research tools for Nano
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm in Wilsdorf Hall, Room Atrium & room 101 — Hands-on NanoDays: participate in many fun, informative, and engaging demos on nanoscience and materials science
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm in Wilsdorf Hall, Outside and Cafe (1st and 2nd floors) --- Jump in the OOBLECK vat. See giant Balloon Nanotubes Sculptures being built, and build your own nanotubes too. Design a better seed carrier in the Biomimicry Challenge and play our NanoGames
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm in Wilsdorf Hall, Room 200 --- PBS NOVA Making Stuff Series on Materials Sciences. You can sit and rest, while watching a fun and informative video on the wonders of Materials.
Free parking is available in the E3 and T4 parking lots for Open House. See University Parking for information about additional parking options. Please note that the Engineering School does not reimburse open house attendees for parking expenses.