NanoSTAR is proud to announce our new Bullpen & Concierge Service. The bullpen concierge service is designed to enhance collaborations between various academic units of the university by enabling a forum for allowing investigators to utilize nanotechnology towards drug delivery, targeted imaging and diagnostic modalities. Basic science and clinical investigators are often challenged with an inability to engage faculty expertise across campus in materials design for “nano-solutions” to address the pressing issues in medical fields.
The solution is nanoSTAR’s Bullpens and Concierge Service. NanoSTAR has created four bullpens of like- minded engineering faculty to help answer these questions. The four bullpens are:
- Nano formulation and device platform fabrication
- Nano characterization
- Nano scale up
- Nano targeting
Steps for nanosizing using the nanoSTAR Bullpens and Concierge Service:
- The investigator fills out a form on the nanoSTAR website for a nanomaterial and/or device application idea.
- This information will be given to the nano-formulation bullpen that will assign an engineering contact, as well as engage our concierge, a senior scientist who will provide technical support to formulate the nano-solution. The investigator will just have to supply the “active” material for device, delivery, imaging or targeting.
- The concierge will engineer and characterize the nano-solution with the help of our nano characterization bull pen.
- The nanotechnology, as well as all the physical chemistry data will be returned to the investigator to facilitate in vitro testing. If positive results are obtained, the concierge will begin discussions with the scale-up and targeting bullpens to enable in vivo testing.
- The key element underlying the concierge service is that the investigators just have to provide the material for encapsulating within the nanotechnology. All of the costs are provided through nanoSTAR.
- Choose your agent or device that you want to nano size and fill out the form on the nanoSTAR website at the following links: